This one has gone through the following process over 100 times:
1] have problem, or want to do something (eg “make Opera auto-open certain files”, “root phone”)
2] Google it
3] pick set of instructions not yet tried and follow
4] didn’t work; either stopped at one of the steps (eg “step 4 = go to Menu XYZ” … Menu XYZ nonexistent, or “step 7 = open pref.ini, find ‘foo = 0’ and change to ‘foo = 1′” … no foo to be found) or follow all steps and nothing happened
5] if patience > 0 and irritation < suppressing_urge_to_punch_something goto 3, else goto 6
6] give up before punch_something = 1 and/or down_sorrows_in_vodka = 1
ma’habocath has discovered that, with one of those headphone-jack-to-headphone-jack cords, this one can play sounds from his computer through a stereo, AND its normal speakers.
But the stereo is too quiet even at max vol to hear it over normal PC speakers.
Ah well, still cool to know!
- New “dumb”phone suddenly turns off and wouldn’t turn back on.
- Panic. Scrambling to do this, that, and the other including pulling out battery and plugging it back in after trying to charge and nothing (despite >50% on bar).
- Suddenly remember about some microSD cards causing issues if one does not format it before plugging it in.
- Pulls out microSD card.
- Phone works again!
- Put it back in.
- Phone still works.
- But now ma’habocath wishes to format the card despite the need to wait at least 2 hours for >1,500 mp3s to load back on through swamp-slow USB.
- But nothing on Google nor in the manual says how to do this.
- Tech support contacted, time to wait “at least two business days”…
At least this one now knows what to do next time this occurs…
But paying >$300 for a “smart”phone is no proof against these kinds of issues either, as this one learned the hard way about a month back! (Hence why he now owns a $22 phone.)
I did come into monies and got that pair of 1080p’s which I use to this day.
ma’habocath has decided to, instead of playing music from his computer, to play from his phone through a stereo on his desk.
Perhaps it’s less “distracting” than juggling yet another program?