- New “dumb”phone suddenly turns off and wouldn’t turn back on.
- Panic. Scrambling to do this, that, and the other including pulling out battery and plugging it back in after trying to charge and nothing (despite >50% on bar).
- Suddenly remember about some microSD cards causing issues if one does not format it before plugging it in.
- Pulls out microSD card.
- Phone works again!
- Put it back in.
- Phone still works.
- But now ma’habocath wishes to format the card despite the need to wait at least 2 hours for >1,500 mp3s to load back on through swamp-slow USB.
- But nothing on Google nor in the manual says how to do this.
- Tech support contacted, time to wait “at least two business days”…
At least this one now knows what to do next time this occurs…
But paying >$300 for a “smart”phone is no proof against these kinds of issues either, as this one learned the hard way about a month back! (Hence why he now owns a $22 phone.)