Every day of April ’17, do the following five-or-so-minute mental exercise (before or after March’s; maybe best to do only one at a time, waiting for May and beyond to do both):
1) Visualize on one side, a group of people in desperate need of help, those who are suffering.
1a) Make sure these are people you don’t know so this isn’t based on “he’s my relative” or “she’s my friend”, but on the fact that they are human beings just like you.
2) Then on the other side, visualize yourself as the embodiment of a self-centered person, with a selfish and indifferent attitude.
3) And then in between, see yourself in the middle as a neutral observer.
4) While doing so, notice which side you are naturally inclined toward.
4a) You’ll probably see yourself gravitating towards the group in suffering.
5) Focus your attention on them, directing all your positive energy towards them, mentally giving them your successes, resources, virtues.
6) Afterwards, visualize taking upon yourself their suffering, problems, and negatives.
For the full text, and some related pages from <a href=”http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38210.The_Art_of_Happiness”><em>The Art Of Happiness: A Handbook For Living</em></a>, refer to the uploaded photos.