I am grateful for my expensive apartment.
- No sudden inspections. (Thankfully!)
- It is a large multi-building complex so neighbors mostly leave each other alone, just the way I like it.
- I am between an elder who is hard of hearing and the laundromat, so I have no qualms about playing my metal, MyNoise, or catchy animusic loud and proud as I get ready for work or some other chore.
- Have yet to hear of any crime hereabouts unlike most of the other places for $100 to $200 cheaper rent than here.
- No water bill so I can “wash dishes” by running one I just used under the faucet for 10 minutes or shower multiple times a day.
- I’m a 3-minute bike ride from two supermarkets and a second-hand shop.
- Also a handful of restaurants and fast food places, which is much less good.
- I’m just far enough from work that I don’t have to go out of my way to get my 3-4 hours of cardio every week, I just cycle to and from work, and to and from the grocery stores and sometimes the post office.